× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR40 Max Speed

DiscoSquid
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 Max Speed

Hello,

I have an Arris SBG8300 modem/router with an Orbi RBR40. I put the Arris is bridge mode and connected Orbi. I did this as I recently upgraded to Gigabit internet. The maximum speed I am getting from the Orbi is approximately 500mgps download. Straight from the modem I am getting a Gig. My question is, is the Orbi not compatible with these speeds? Am I doing anything wrong? All devices are up to date on firmware.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power OFF of the isp modem for 1 minute then back on. Factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC. COmplete the setup and run a speed test with Ooklas installable windows or max speed test app. Do not enable Armor, Access controls, Circle, QoS speedtest or Traffic meter. Just run a speed test thru the RBR with a wired PC. Let us know your results. 

Message 2 of 7
DiscoSquid
Aspirant

I followed all instructions and still only pushing about 500 download

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support about this to see if they have more help and information regarding this. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

There have been others posting about the 20 and 40 series with 1G ISP services. I don't have these models. I do know my 50 series supports near 900Mbps speeds. 

Message 4 of 7
DiscoSquid
Aspirant

I did a full factory reset and tweaked some other settings and was able to get the gigabit speed I pay for. However now I have a new issue. My third satellite is producing 150mbps. The satellites are all within 30 feet of each other. I understand I won’t get gigabit speed from the satellite but I feel 150 is a little low. Any ideas?
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

With in 30 feet maybe too close. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. More distance between maybe needed. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Disable Daisy Chain if enabled. Power OFF all other RBS and just test 1 RBS. 

Disable the wifi radio on the mobile device for 5 seconds while near the RBS, then re-enable the wifi radio. Then re-test the speed. 

Message 6 of 7
DiscoSquid
Aspirant

Okay I’ll try that. I should add. I’m hardlined in at the second satellite idk if that helps.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series