Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 with RBS40 slowness issues Until the system is rebooted ?

Stimar
Tutor

Orbi RBR40 with RBS40 slowness issues Until the system is rebooted ?

Hi All,

Can someone help/guide me how to fix this problem with the slowness that i can see with my router?

In this setup i have:

Model ORBI RBR40 (router and satelite rbr40 and rbs40)
FW 2.3.5.30

ISP setup is - "Internet IP Address - Get Dynamically from ISP"

Device count: 3 LAN ports, 10 wifi devices - up to 13 devices

Issue is repeatable on a daily bases (sometimes it took two days). When the router is rebooted i can see max internet speed on my onbord speed test (50mbit/s UP, 25mbit/s DOWN) or on my laptop or phone, but on the next day when i try the speed test again i can see ONLY 4-10mbit/s UP and 2-6mbit/s DOWN. When i reboot the system (sometimes system need 2 reboots) the speed is back again to the max. Most of the speed tests are performed from my phone.

I'm obsurving this issue in the last few FW versions, but i don't recall on which one it was stable. In the past i haven't seen such issues with the router ..   😞 i don't have case,chat or phone support available anymore with my warranty, only hardware warranty.

Also is there an option to schedule daily reboot of this router, so i could try to stabilize the internet speed ?

It is so annoying and unbearable to a point where i'm looking for different vendor to replace this mesh system. 😞  So much money down the drain if this is not resolved 😞 Big disappointment NEtGEAR.

BR.

Stimar.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Stimar
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBR40 with RBS40 slowness issues Until the system is rebooted ?

Hi All,

Well I have to start with apology to NetGear, the issue is fixed, router si doing great again.

I've chenged all available cables, RJ45 connectors from the ISP cable and so on... 

It turned out to be RJ45 power protection module on the existing UPS (the module which is protecting the my route from the ISP cable for electrical surge) and i'm guessing a contributing factor will be the cable bending to much due to the UPS location ... 

When i've changed the surge protection module from old UPS everything is fine now.

BR 

Stimar.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Most will agree...factory reset is for lost paswords.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Stimar wrote:

Hi All,

Can someone help/guide me how to fix this problem with the slowness that i can see with my router?

In this setup i have:

Model ORBI RBR40 (router and satelite rbr40 and rbs40)
FW 2.3.5.30

ISP setup is - "Internet IP Address - Get Dynamically from ISP"

Device count: 3 LAN ports, 10 wifi devices - up to 13 devices

Issue is repeatable on a daily bases (sometimes it took two days). When the router is rebooted i can see max internet speed on my onbord speed test (50mbit/s UP, 25mbit/s DOWN) or on my laptop or phone, but on the next day when i try the speed test again i can see ONLY 4-10mbit/s UP and 2-6mbit/s DOWN. When i reboot the system (sometimes system need 2 reboots) the speed is back again to the max. Most of the speed tests are performed from my phone.

I'm obsurving this issue in the last few FW versions, but i don't recall on which one it was stable. In the past i haven't seen such issues with the router ..   😞 i don't have case,chat or phone support available anymore with my warranty, only hardware warranty.

Also is there an option to schedule daily reboot of this router, so i could try to stabilize the internet speed ?

It is so annoying and unbearable to a point where i'm looking for different vendor to replace this mesh system. 😞  So much money down the drain if this is not resolved 😞 Big disappointment NEtGEAR.

BR.

Stimar.

Message 4 of 5
Stimar
Tutor

Hi All,

Well I have to start with apology to NetGear, the issue is fixed, router si doing great again.

I've chenged all available cables, RJ45 connectors from the ISP cable and so on... 

It turned out to be RJ45 power protection module on the existing UPS (the module which is protecting the my route from the ISP cable for electrical surge) and i'm guessing a contributing factor will be the cable bending to much due to the UPS location ... 

When i've changed the surge protection module from old UPS everything is fine now.

BR 

Stimar.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7