Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 intermittently dropping internet connection

vajim
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50 intermittently dropping internet connection

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Would be a good test try. Like @CrimpOn said, it should not reboot if you try that:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

25 posts later......wow 

Message 26 of 29
AFD
Luminary
Luminary

@A1406 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

OK Thanks for that info...

With Orbi anything is possible. Smiley Frustrated

I would try the factory reset and setup from scratch when you get the time.

I'll have to wait for this weekend for the factory reset. Will let you know how it goes.

I do see A LOT of "attacks" noted in the log. I've seen this in the past, googled it, and found a lot of posts mentioning this could be the RBR miscatagorizing pings, but I've always been a bit uncomfortable about this. Previously the IP addressess were from Amazon. Attacks catagorized as the following:

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen]
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan]
[DoS Attack: RST Scan] 
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] 

Any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned?

Look at my post if you have similar issues like me . Perhaps you are one of the lucky guys where this type of issue (no firmware related) can be solved , it was not in my case .

Give a chance and post in case you have some similar problems .

My RBK50 is not in the trash yet . 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBS50-Connectivity-problems-and-Issues/m-p/2048133#M112923 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 29
hrlamke
Aspirant

Apparently it downloaded the firmware update on its own yesterday, and now I am continuously losing the internet connection. Have to reboot to get back on. Called Netgear support and told I needed to reconfigure the network on a monthly basis which would cost me a service contract of several hundred dollars or $50.00 each time. Their firmware caused the problem, and now I have to pay them to correct it? Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 28 of 29
vajim
Master

@hrlamke wrote:

Apparently it downloaded the firmware update on its own yesterday, and now I am continuously losing the internet connection. Have to reboot to get back on. Called Netgear support and told I needed to reconfigure the network on a monthly basis which would cost me a service contract of several hundred dollars or $50.00 each time. Their firmware caused the problem, and now I have to pay them to correct it? Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

Sad 

you can go to the download section above and enter your model number 

im not sure about the firmware downloading by itself.   It usually requires the user to execute a few clicks.  

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7