Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 no connection via ethernet cable to Orbi

ssnick91
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 no connection via ethernet cable to Orbi

Orbi has been working since Jan 2018.  Woke up this morning to find Orbi not working.  Found that the ethernet connection cable to the yellow "Internet" plug on the back of the orbi is not showing blinking lights on my ethernet switch.  Moved it to another switch/cable and still no connection.

If I take the same cable and conect it to one of the "ethernet" plugs on the back of the Orbi I will get blinking lights showing connectivity. Tried pressing  the "Reset" button on the Orbi.  Made no difference.  Orbi does not show up on my list of available wirless  networks on my phone.  Not sure why the Internet plug on the back of the Orbi would go bad.  Any suggestions would be apprecited.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ssnick91
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 no connection via ethernet cable to Orbi

I got it working.  To startout with the Orbi LEDs were continuosly pulsing white.  From the manual "Pulsing white. The router is booting or someone pressed the Sync button".  It would do this everytime I repowered the unit.  I downloaded the lastest firmware and copied it to a USB drive.  I connected it to the orbi and then powered the Orbi up.  After about a minute the ethernet connectivity lights on my switch started flashing again.  I powered off and removed the USB and powered back up.  The Orbi connected properly.  I then connected to the Orbi via the 192.168.1.x from my computer via web browser.  I was able to perform a firmware update of the satelite.

Now it is at RBR50-V2.3.5.30 and working fine.  Still kind of a mystery what happened in the first place.

Overall happy with how the Orbi works in our house.  Great wireless connections and no weak spots like our previous router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ssnick91
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 no connection via ethernet cable to Orbi

I got it working.  To startout with the Orbi LEDs were continuosly pulsing white.  From the manual "Pulsing white. The router is booting or someone pressed the Sync button".  It would do this everytime I repowered the unit.  I downloaded the lastest firmware and copied it to a USB drive.  I connected it to the orbi and then powered the Orbi up.  After about a minute the ethernet connectivity lights on my switch started flashing again.  I powered off and removed the USB and powered back up.  The Orbi connected properly.  I then connected to the Orbi via the 192.168.1.x from my computer via web browser.  I was able to perform a firmware update of the satelite.

Now it is at RBR50-V2.3.5.30 and working fine.  Still kind of a mystery what happened in the first place.

Overall happy with how the Orbi works in our house.  Great wireless connections and no weak spots like our previous router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7