Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 reset fails / not possible

Shintom
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 reset fails / not possible

Hi! I have the RBR 50 Kit with two satellites. Till last week all was fine with the mesh network but suddenly, the RBR50 stopped to work. I tried to do a reset (in all kind of ways/power off, pressing reset button etc) which is not possible - the power light is green but doesn't change to red blinking status. Also no SSID is showing. Is there a way to connect directly via lan-cable from the PC?

Maybe the hardware is faulty...

Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi RBR50 reset fails / not possible

@Shintom wrote:

Hi! I have the RBR 50 Kit with two satellites. Till last week all was fine with the mesh network but suddenly, the RBR50 stopped to work. I tried to do a reset (in all kind of ways/power off, pressing reset button etc) which is not possible - the power light is green but doesn't change to red blinking status. Also no SSID is showing. Is there a way to connect directly via lan-cable from the PC?

Maybe the hardware is faulty...

What firmware are you running and how did you get it?

Message 2 of 7
Shintom
Aspirant

As I can't access the router I don't know the firmware - is it possible to access via lan cable direct from my pc? If yes how to do?

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Shintom wrote:

As I can't access the router I don't know the firmware - is it possible to access via lan cable direct from my pc? If yes how to do?

Certainly.  Connect ethernet cable to one of the Orbi LAN ports.  Open web browser.  If Orbi is working correctly, you can browse to http://orbilogin.net.  If something is out of the ordinary, the trick is to find the IP address of your "gateway" and connect to http://<ip of gateway>

Log in with credentials "admin" and the administrative password (not the WiFi password).

Message 4 of 7
Shintom
Aspirant

Perfect, I could log in, Router Firmware V2.3.5.30

Message 5 of 7
Shintom
Aspirant

After I connected via lan-cable now also the LED starts to work again...

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Shintom wrote:

Perfect, I could log in, Router Firmware V2.3.5.30

WARNING ......read the other  posts

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos