Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 unstable with Cox gigabit

ptreichel
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 unstable with Cox gigabit

I recently had Cox Gigablast installed through an Arris (DOCSIS 3.1) surfboard modem.

Cannot seem to get anything faster than 40-50mps through the Orbi RBR50.

We have confirmed through multiple testing methods that there is 900+ coming out of the modem,

but the router isnt passing these speeds along. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 unstable with Cox gigabit

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

I presume your using a wired PC connecte to the RBR? 

Has a factory reset been performed then setup from scratch and not enabling QoS, Traffic Meter or Access controls, speed test with a web browser or ooklas windows installable speedtest app? 

Possible your seeing the same thing as I am and others:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/...

Message 2 of 4
ptreichel
Aspirant

Thanks for jumping in FURRYe38.

Some of your answer is over my head, but I do appreciate it.

1. Im not sure of the FW, nor do I know how to check. Ugh...

2. My modem is the ARRIS SB2800.

3. Yes, I am getting +/-900mps to a hardwired laptop from the #1 ethernet output on the modem.

4. Factory reset has NOT been performed. starting to get over my head here...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

1. Im not sure of the FW, nor do I know how to check. Ugh...

Log into the RBRs web page and the FW version will be displayed next to the LogOff button upper right hand corner of the web page.

2. My modem is the ARRIS SB2800. Just checking for built in router here. Your ok here.

3. Yes, I am getting +/-900mps to a hardwired laptop from the #1 ethernet output on the modem. Thank you.

4. Factory reset has NOT been performed. starting to get over my head here...

Please try the following: Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds, then back ON. With yoru wired PC connected to the RBR, either press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then let go or use the RBRs web page to send the ERASE reset command and factory reset the RBR. Use your wired PC and web browser to setup the RBR from scratch. Don't add the RBS just yet. Leave it off. After you complete the RBR setup. Run another speed test with your wired PC. Let us know your results. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7