Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 wire connection why so slow...

BeyondSeek
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 wire connection why so slow...

Hi,

I have plan 300Mbps. Before I direct wire connect from my modem , speedtest.net get 300 DL/UpL speed. But when I connect my pc via Orbi RBR50, speedtest just get 100Mbps speed. Just the wifi speed had increase. Before connect wifi from my phone via modem , speedtest is 45Mbps. Now via Orbi RBR50 is 100Mbps. Anyone know what problem for the wire connection?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you speed testing the speedtest app in the router or from a web browser? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

Message 2 of 9
BeyondSeek
Aspirant

i had test both speed test, even app in router or web browser, both is the same about 100Mbps DL/UpL. My ISP(http://www.convergeict.com/ , Philippines Country) used the Huawei HG8245H fiber wifi modem(http://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/access-network/echolife-hg8245h-pid-8952133), and my plan is 300Mbps DL/UpL. If i direct connect wire from Huawei modem to my pc, used web browser speed test can get 300Mbps DL/UpL.

But yesterday, I setting my orbi (pc browser) to enble the MOMU, enble implict Beam and enble one more at below this two function, when i apply enble it on processing, i had running the speetest, i saw it surdenly run to 300Mbps then back to 100Mbps when the enble function was done..... is it have some setting can make the orbi run full speed (300Mbps) ??

Message 3 of 9
Ulairi
Luminary

You might want to check out this thread: link

If factory reset fixes it (you might need to do motre than one)  - please post back with your results.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

@BeyondSeek wrote:

i had test both speed test, even app in router or web browser, both is the same about 100Mbps DL/UpL. My ISP(http://www.convergeict.com/ , Philippines Country) used the Huawei HG8245H fiber wifi modem(http://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/access-network/echolife-hg8245h-pid-8952133), and my plan is 300Mbps DL/UpL. If i direct connect wire from Huawei modem to my pc, used web browser speed test can get 300Mbps DL/UpL.

But yesterday, I setting my orbi (pc browser) to enble the MOMU, enble implict Beam and enble one more at below this two function, when i apply enble it on processing, i had running the speetest, i saw it surdenly run to 300Mbps then back to 100Mbps when the enble function was done..... is it have some setting can make the orbi run full speed (300Mbps) ??

Message 5 of 9
BeyondSeek
Aspirant

The isp modem connect to my orbi is Huawei HG8245H
Message 6 of 9
BeyondSeek
Aspirant

The factory reset is it mean the : Revert to factory default setting?
Message 7 of 9
Ulairi
Luminary

@BeyondSeek wrote:
The factory reset is it mean the : Revert to factory default setting?

Yes -hold the reset button down until the light flashes amber.  Do stats first, then the router

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@BeyondSeek wrote:
The isp modem connect to my orbi is Huawei HG8245H

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7