Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50

WDLuisi
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50

Is there a way delete multiple devices from the device manager?  I rent my property and have a guest network.  Every time I have a renter all of their devices get added.  The app only allows me to delete one device at a time.  Is this what I have to do?  One at a time.  If I do nothing and just ignore the list, does the device list grow to infinity without any impact on the performance of those devices that are active?  It takes quite a bit of time every time I look at the list to delete these devices.  Imagine renting to 10 people, and each of them have a smart phone, computer or iPad, watch?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
--Chuck
Guide

While connected to the orbi's wifi, use a browser to connect to the router's IP address.  Sign in to the orbi with

Username: admin 
and that account's password

You will NOT need to login to your Netgear account. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Despite numerous reboots, my Orbi kept a record of every device that had ever been connected.  I had 36 active devices, and 124 devices total.  In the web interface, almost 90 devices were in the Access Control table:  "Allowed devices that are not currently connecfed".  With the web interface, it is quick to delete any that no longer apply.  In the "app", it is one-at-a-time. (ugh)

A Factory Reset, of course, wipes out EVERYTHING.  For a rental property, this might not be so bad. Hold the reset button down for 10 seconds and everything goes back to the credentials printed on the labe.

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 3 of 9
--Chuck
Guide

I have access control enabled and when I use the web interface, I can see unconnected devices that were connected in the past on the access control screen. You can check/select multiple devices and delete them from there.
Message 4 of 9
WDLuisi
Aspirant

That's great news thanks.  I'm assuming I need to login to my Netgear account.  Can you tell me the steps I need to take to do this?

Message 5 of 9
--Chuck
Guide

While connected to the orbi's wifi, use a browser to connect to the router's IP address.  Sign in to the orbi with

Username: admin 
and that account's password

You will NOT need to login to your Netgear account. 
Message 6 of 9
WDLuisi
Aspirant

THANKS So much.  I had manually deleted all the off-line devices before I was lucky enough to get your advise.  I did log in as admin to the IP address and saw everything as well as a firmware update to both router and satelites.  So thanks again.  Just to confirm:  Had I not manually deleted those devices, would they have shown at the bottom of the active list?  And then I could have selected all of them to delete?

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@WDLuisi wrote:

Had I not manually deleted those devices, would they have shown at the bottom of the active list?  And then I could have selected all of them to delete?

Had you not deleted them, they would appear on the list of "Allowed devices that are not currently connected."  There is also a table of Blocked devices thar are not currently connected.

There appears to be a semantic issue with the word "connected".  To us ordinary humans, "connected" means attached to the Orbi WiFi and able to communicate. I believe to Netgear, "connected" means "has entered the correct WiFi password and is thus connected. But if it is Blocked, then it cannot communicate (send/receive data packets)." That must be why the top table will sometimes have devices that are Blocked.

Message 8 of 9
--Chuck
Guide

Yup.  The 3 lists are:

1. Allowed or Blocked.devices currently connected 
  2. Allowed devices not currently connected
  3. Blocked devices not currently connected

The Help Center says: 

Access Control Help

You can use Access Control to allow or block computer or electronic devices from accessing your network. When a device is blocked, it would only be able to get an IP address from your router, but it won't be able to communicate with other devices, nor it would be able to connect to the Internet.

AccessControlHelp.png

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7