× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 Intermittent internet connection

WA1MPB
Follower

Orbi RBR850 Intermittent internet connection

I have looked through previous responses but cannot find one that matches my condition.  I am using ATT fiber, with a 5268AC modem.  Previously this was also my router, but I have turned off the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios so that this is now only a modem.  In December, 2020 I installed and activated an Orbi RBR850 with 2 satellites.  With the exception of not being able to update the firmware, everything was working great, both satellites worked with WIFI coverage throughout my 2-story home.  No VPN is in use.  All items in use are either hardwired to the router/satellite or are connected via 2.4/5 GHz.  The only cat 5 cable connected to the modem goes to the router.

About a week ago, the connection to the internet started dropping for no apparent reason.  The ATT modem was showing connectivity to the internet, but our various devices, such as Apple iPads, Apple TV, Apple Macs, etc., were no longer connected.  Finally, 2 days ago I did a Factory Reset of the RBR850, as well as the 2 satellites.  In doing so, the Orbi router and satellites updated to the most current firmware, V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

That was accomplished Monday evening.  Yesterday, as well as today, we continue to get internet connectivity intermittently.

I am not proficient in the abbreviations that are thrown about, so if anyone can help, please spell out the steps I need to take.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 Intermittent internet connection

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series