Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS20 Shows Online but no Internet

VictorYang199
Follower

Orbi RBS20 Shows Online but no Internet

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and has any solutions.  I recently purchased an Orbi RBR/RBS AC2200 system in Canada and an extra satellite.  I have the RBR set up as an access point as I have iptv trhough my service provider and I'm unable to put the modem in bridge mode (ridiculous but i contacted my provider and this is what they said).  I have the system set up to daisy chain as 2 of the satellite are out of the range of the RBR.  Twice now one of my satellites (the same satellite both times) has for some reason disconnected from the internet.  Going in the orbi app and the admin login it shows that it is connected to to the RBR.  The physical device has no glowing lights.  I can connect to the satellite but i'm not able to access the internet (interesting note it doesn't say no internet access on my iphone when connected).  The other satellites and the router are both working at the same time as i'm able to watch iptv and surf while connected to the other satellites.  I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or not but all the satellites have the same firmware installed.  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS20 Shows Online but no Internet

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7