Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBW30 not connecting roomba

wimmme
Tutor

Orbi RBW30 not connecting roomba

Hello,

i have a pretty hybrid Orbi system. This works very well for smartphones, tablets and pc's, but one exception is my Roomba 960 Robot vacuum. My house has 2 levels, and one corner is served by a RBW30. In that corner the Roomba doesn't connect to the Orbi, best signal should be from the RBW30. Since the Roomba 960 has the WiFi mapping feature, i can sea clearly where reception is bad or none at all.

Any one an idea on how to troubleshoot this ? 

I know smartphones and pc's are connection on 5GHz, and the Roomba is 2.4GHz, maybe that's the issue ?

Router    RBR50  RBR50                    V2.3.5.30
Satelliet RBW30  Orbi Satellite-2         V2.3.5.6
Satelliet RBS50  Orbi Satellite-1         V2.3.5.30
Satelliet RBS50Y Orbi Outdoor Satellite-1 V2.3.5.22

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBW30 not connecting roomba

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Can try lowering the power out put of the wifi radios on the RBR, try 75 or 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 3
wimmme
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBW30 not connecting roomba

Thank you for your answer. experimenting with some settings now.

310 sq meters (3300 sq ft), distance varies from 12m to 6m, depending on the walls (thick brick walls, al ot of concrete and piping).

Connections between them are good. roaming i working fine for other devices.

Fixed 2.4 channel, there are 2 or 3 other signals but not that strong.

Will report back

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7