Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Rbk40 registration problem

rslockett
Aspirant

Orbi Rbk40 registration problem

I bought my Orbi used. When I go to register it under “security” in the app, it says it is already registered under another email address. I need to fix this as this is a security flaw in the system and need it resolved very soon. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi Rbk40 registration problem

@rslockett wrote:
I bought my Orbi used. When I go to register it under “security” in the app, it says it is already registered under another email address. I need to fix this as this is a security flaw in the system and need it resolved very soon. Any suggestions?

You can factory reset the router and satellite, and that may resolve the issue. If not you will have to contact the person you purchased it from and get them to unregister it.

Message 2 of 3
rslockett
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Rbk40 registration problem

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure the registration is tied to the divorce itself and factory resetting it will not solve the problem. The guy I got it from said it was factory reset. It seemed like it was when I hooked it up because it had the standard login (for initial set up) as if it was factory reset. In other words, it did not show as another login that may have been created by a user. I was able to use the login that is provided on the device.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7