Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi (Rbr40)

ranger88
Follower

Orbi (Rbr40)

I have the RBr40 (AC2200) system. My internet provider speed is 500Mps.  When I do a speed test on the Orbi App it shows 92 download & 93 Upload. Is this router capable of reading the 500 speed? 

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi (Rbr40)

Yes, the router can handle this speed.

Connection rates "just slightly under 100Mbps) are almost always caused by the modem and router auto-negotiating 100M/Full rather than 1000M/Full.  This is often because of a problem with the Ethernet cable connecting them.  Even a tiny crimp problem on the connectors can cause this.

Can you try a different Ethernet cable?

To verify this, check the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net ) Click the Advanced Tab and then the blue box Show Statistics

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi (Rbr40)

Hello Ranger88,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Network speeds can vary depending on the distance and the material that the wireless signal has to travel through. Changing your Orbi RBR40 to AP mode if your ISP modem is also a router can resolve this issue. 

Under optimal circumstances your RBR40 is capable of the following rates:

• 2.4 GHz: Max. 400 Mbps
  • 5 GHz Front haul: Max. 866 Mbps

Please ensure that your RBR40 is on Firmware version 2.7.4.24. If your Orbi is not on the latest firmware please navigate to the link below to download Firmware version 2.7.4.24 for your RBR40:

Orbi RBR40 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support

For step-by-step instructions on how to manually update your Orbi Mesh System please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

To change your RBR40 to AP mode follow the instructions below:

Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router/AP Mode> Then select the AP Mode radio button.

(Be sure to disable your ISP modem Wi-Fi when changing your RBR40 to AP mode.)

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7