Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Router + 2 Satellites for sale at Costco

Yld2rob
Luminary

Orbi Router + 2 Satellites for sale at Costco

I took my Orbi back to Best Buy when I walked in to Costco and discovered they have a Orbi 3 Pack for sale (and for less than the 2 pack and adding a second sat later on). Now I have one router and two sats working perfectly. If you need a 3 pack now, go to Costco.

Message 1 of 18
dmicelli
Aspirant

My local costo here in Illinois has the 3 pack for $499, I did an amazon price match at Best buy for the 2 paqck for $359.

Message 2 of 18
PhoenixV
Apprentice

Have not seen it below 399 at amazon. Where did you find it lower?

Message 3 of 18
dmicelli
Aspirant

scroll down to see other buying options, looks like the best other price is $379 now.  BB matches if it is fulfilled by Amazon, not sure if that was the case or if the guy I had really understood the requirements.  The manager didnt recheck so they gave me the $359 price.  

New (24) from $379.59 + $7.89 shipping
Message 4 of 18
PhoenixV
Apprentice

Yes OK I understand. Unfortunately at my Best Buy they have three different people check before they price match, so it's doubtful that I'd be able to get the same deal! Thanks for your quick response 

Message 5 of 18
jezroj
Tutor

COSTCO is for 1 router and three satalites, I believe the one you are refering to is for 1 router and one satalite.  If you were able to get the pack of three for $359, you got yourself a hell of a deal.

Message 6 of 18
jojo2go
Apprentice

Costco will have a sale on the 3-pack Orbi ($50 off), Item #1113503.  The price will be reduced from $499.99 to $449.99.  What a great deal for a router and two satellites.  Sale starts 1/22/17 thru 2/4/17.

Message 7 of 18
jezroj
Tutor

Message 8 of 18
djc6
Luminary

@jojo2go wrote:

Costco will have a sale on the 3-pack Orbi ($50 off), Item #1113503.  The price will be reduced from $499.99 to $449.99.  What a great deal for a router and two satellites.  Sale starts 1/22/17 thru 2/4/17.

Thanks for this info!  Very happy with mine, some friends are interested but balked at the price.

Message 9 of 18
RonV42
Luminary

I was at the Costco where I purchased my kit back in December.  They had a whole pallet of them on display.  Yesterday they only had 3 kits left on a shelf next to the other routers.  I assume they have been selling reasonably well for the 3 pack price.

Message 10 of 18
koolch
Aspirant

which costco location? mine had at least a dozen. in torrance ca last week or so

but i have to wait for Sunday 1/22/17 before i can buy on sale and who knows how many they will have left...

also would like to know from person who said they will go on sale, how did you find out? i thought that information was not supposed to be public until the day of the sale to keep people from buying the day(s) before and then doing a price match.

Message 11 of 18
RonV42
Luminary

In the Mt. Prospect, IL location they only have 3 on  the shelf,  today I stopped by the Lake Zurich, IL location and they had 6 on the shelf.  If the are going to be on sale maybe they are getting fresh shipments or they may be mvoing them back to the warehouse to ship from Costco.com.    If it does go on sale with $50 off I'll be the first with my recipt to get the price differnece.  Hey $50 is a lot of hot dogs at their food counter. 

Message 12 of 18
jojo2go
Apprentice

Hi Koolch, See attached picutres.  The Orbi sale is advertised - hence how I found out.  Also, the advertisement also says available at Costco.com in case not available at your Costco.IMG_3118.JPGIMG_3119.JPG

Message 13 of 18
cue003
Apprentice

Why buy a 3 pack setup if the Orbi isn't operating in a mesh mode? Correct me if I'm wrong but will this work if I have Orbi > satellite 1 > satellite 2? Or is Orbi still only operating in a star mode where the satellites must connect to the router and cannot pass communication between satellites for a multi hop required scenario?
Message 14 of 18
djc6
Luminary

I've found the Orbi 3 pack tremendously useful.  Router is located in my first floor office, I have a satellite upstairs on 2nd floor and a satellite in finished basement.  Since the router is in the first floor of home (but far off to one side of house) the star topology works great.  I've always had poor wifi in the basement where a number of devices are and now its rock solid.    I have 5Ghz service now on 2nd floor where I used to only get 2.4Ghz and the WiFi is much faster - I am able to use full speeds of my 300/30 internet package anywhere in the house.  I only seem to connect to 2.4Ghz when I'm in the back yard.

Message 15 of 18
jojo2go
Apprentice

From what I read, for mesh systems, each time a satelltie connects to satellite then to a router, you lose bandwidth each time.  When satellites connect directly to a router (which should be in the center of the home), you get maximum bandwidth.  Also the reviews I have seen, Orbi has been outpeforming mesh systems.  In reality, I doubt you will be able to detect big differences between the two systems though for general home web activites.  The Orbi system is expensive, but there is a reason for that (expensive technology behind it).  In the end, you have to decide what system works best for you.  I can only go on reviews and my own experience, and I have been very happy with the Orbi system.  Either way I am sure you can try it for free.  Whether you buy from Costco, or some other store, they likely have a 30-day or more refund guarantee.  Especially Costco - you can return your purchase any time (up to 90 days for electronics?) for a full refund for any reason - no questions asked.  What have you got to lose?  Lastly, the $50 off Orbi (1 router and 2 satellites) starts TODAY(Jan 22) and runs thru Feb 4.... so $450 after discount.  Good luck finding that elsewhere... especially at a reputable dealer like Costco which backs up your purchase!

Message 16 of 18
cue003
Apprentice

In the scenario by djc6 the 3 configuration makes sense because the router is centered in the house. I don't have that luxury. Router on one end and will need to reach the other end. Mesh may not be the fastest but it is better than not having a signal at the other end at all. It would be nice if Netgear gave you the option of Star or Mesh. Best of bob worlds and can multi hop when needed for tricky installs that cannot centralize the main Orbi router.
Message 17 of 18
NETthisGEAR
Apprentice

I usually go to Amazon to get an idea of what a fair price is when I want to compare to another store. I also Check Ebay after that.

So yeah, check the price of the Orbi here before you buy, just make sure you have the right number of satellites.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7