Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router(RBR40) WIFI visible but no internet connection

parkyglenn
Tutor

Orbi Router(RBR40) WIFI visible but no internet connection

My ORBI RBR40 appears to have failed after an intense storm two nights ago. Currently, the ORBI Router is connected to an ARRIS Router which has verified internet. I have rebooted both routers with no internet success on the Orbi router. Upon disconnect/reconnect of the Orbi from Arris the Orbi flashes white then to no light at all. When I unplug the existing cable from Arris to Orbi to try a new cable it changes to Purple then back to no light at all. Thanks for any input. I'm guessing I could test the internet connectivity out of the Arris to Orbi via a direct connect via cable to computer but it is working wirelessly?
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Router(RBR40) WIFI visible but no internet connection

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so, 

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Message 2 of 5
parkyglenn
Tutor

Thanks for all the detail, it will take me a bit to answer those questions, jumping on a call with my ISP, my knowledge of the system is not anywhere close to that level.

Message 3 of 5
parkyglenn
Tutor

Thanks again FURRYe38 for the effort and explanation.  Somehow in my efforts to understand some of the information you requested and a http://orbilogin.com attempt I have been reconnected and once again live!?  I'm going to work with ISP as I need to move all my system and hopefully get a better grasp on the hardware/software end.  Thanks again, have a great weekend!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

Can you let us know the model# of the ISP modem being used? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7