× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router not finding internet and has flashing green ring LED

cbaldock
Aspirant

Orbi Router not finding internet and has flashing green ring LED

I have an Orbi Router that has been becoming more problomatic over time. If the internet connection is lost then the router will reguallarly not be able to find the internet connection again even though the modem has connected to the internet just fine. I have to power cycle the router (sometimes multiple times) until it detect the internet connection again. Is anybody else having this problem?

Lately the ring LED on the router has also started flashing green. I cannot find any reference to the ring LED flashing green in either the manual or online so I have no clue what it means. Power cycling seems to get rid of it but I obviously can't keep power cycling the router all the time. Does anybody know what the flashing green ring LED on the router means?

I recently updated the firmware hoping it would fix this problem but the router once again started flashing green as soon as the fireware had finished being applied. I am now running firmware version 2.1.1.12.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Router not finding internet and has flashing green ring LED

Have you tried a full factory reset of the unit? then try to setup the orbi again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
cbaldock
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Router not finding internet and has flashing green ring LED

I started having trouble with the router again today so I tried to perform a factory reset but the no mater how long I held the reset button in , the Power LED never went an amber colour. I only tried to do this however because the unit no longer even appears to be turning on properly. When I plug in the power cord and press the power button, the Power LED turns on and is green but that is it. No, status is shown via the ring LED and my computer which was connected via a LAN cable directly to the router could not access the internet, or the router's web page or any other device on my network a.k.a. the router isn't routing network traffic. I've tried power cycling it several times and the same thing is occurring.

I'm 100% certain now that there is a fault with my particular unit. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the store I bought it from have any RBK50 products in stock so I'm really hoping they can get a new order of them in soon so I can get a replacement.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7