Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Failing to Sync

kwtb2488
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite Failing to Sync

Hi ive had the Orbi wireless system in my two story condo for a few years. The upstairs internet sometimes is spotty (i have the Orbi downstairs) so i got another satellitte to help improve it. However when setting it up i cant get anything but the magneta color. I have the Orbi satellitte placed directly above the room where its at so im not sure how to get it any closer without actually moving it downstairs which seems like it would be against the whole reason of getting the extra satellite to begin with.

Anyone have any idea or reccomendation as to what I can do?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Failing to Sync

My practiced has been to sync the satellite in the same room as the Orbi so that I can watch both of them as it happens.  After the satellite syncs and the Orbi web interface reports "good", then I relocate the satellite to the remote location.

Immediately above (or below) the Orbi router is probably not as desirable as being "offset".  WiFi access points typically have omnidirectional antennas which radiate mostly in the horizontal plane.  After it syncs correctly next to the router, you can try moving it around to see which location gets a "good" connection.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Failing to Sync

Make sure both RBR and RBS are on the same version of FW. 

@kwtb2488 wrote:

Hi ive had the Orbi wireless system in my two story condo for a few years. The upstairs internet sometimes is spotty (i have the Orbi downstairs) so i got another satellitte to help improve it. However when setting it up i cant get anything but the magneta color. I have the Orbi satellitte placed directly above the room where its at so im not sure how to get it any closer without actually moving it downstairs which seems like it would be against the whole reason of getting the extra satellite to begin with.

Anyone have any idea or reccomendation as to what I can do?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7