Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite SUPER SLOW

Salmon
Tutor

Orbi Satellite SUPER SLOW

Got my Orbi this afternoon and just set it up.  Must say, I'm extremely disappointed.

In my livingroom, next to the router, I get 62 Mbps.  Awesome!  My service is "up to 60 Mbps" so I'm very happy at this point.

However, when I go to my bedroom, where the satellite is - about 50-60 feet away - I'm getting 2.4 Mbps.  That's it.  This is worse that what I got with my old router and a repeater in the hallway!

My house is one floor and is sort of "L" shaped.  slightly awkward, thus necessitating an extender of some sort.  Which is why I thought the Orbi would be just what I needed.

Any advive would be welcome as I'd really like to get this to work.

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Satellite SUPER SLOW

Have you tried to adjust the wireless channel? also in the advanced wireless settings try to enable beamforming and mumimo see if that changes the speeds.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
linkwrt
Guide

@DarrenM wrote:

Have you tried to adjust the wireless channel? also in the advanced wireless settings try to enable beamforming and mumimo see if that changes the speeds.

DarrenM

Update firmware to both router and satellite.

Do a reset to factory default to both.

Set rbr router.

Satellite should be detected by rbr router if not try to sync.

Enable Mu-MIMO and beamforming.

Use United States for wireless country or Australia.

Message 3 of 4
gud2seau
Aspirant

Enabling MU-MIMO was causing the problem for me. Fast roaming and beam forming are fine. But, once I enable MU-MIMO, speeds go from 60-70MB download to 1-3.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7