Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite will not connect to router or show in AP or Attached devices

macksuttonus
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite will not connect to router or show in AP or Attached devices

I have a RBR50/RBS50 that I setup today.  The satelite never went to a solid white LED during setup and would not connect to the router.  I setup both devices in the same room to ensure distance was not an issue.  I have factory reset both devices and the satellite still does not go to the solid white led once powered on.  The satelite stays on steady blinking white for hours.  My fear is that the satelite firmware is different from the router firmware but I have no way of confirming.  

Router Firmware is V2.0.0.74

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Satellite will not connect to router or show in AP or Attached devices

You could try to connect a device via ethernet to the unit and then go to 192.168.1.250 and see if you can log into the unit and try and update the firmware manually.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
macksuttonus
Aspirant

Unfortunately, when I try to connect to 192.168.1.250 when connected to the satellite through an ethernet connection, I get a site can't be reached error.

Message 3 of 5
Heiruspecs
Guide

@macksuttonus wrote:

Unfortunately, when I try to connect to 192.168.1.250 when connected to the satellite through an ethernet connection, I get a site can't be reached error.

I had the same issue earlier. The trick seemed to be to push the reset button on affected devices for a full minute (40-60 seconds) and let them boot up fully (~2 minutes or so). After this, my device kept blinking white aswell, but this time I could continue with the setup, find my satellites and get everything up and running. You may need to push the Sync button on your satellite (for up to 10 seconds), while a quick push on the router should be enough. I did this until the setup found my satellite (could take a few tries).

This has worked for a few others aswell, give it a try!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 5
macksuttonus
Aspirant

That didn't work either.  After about a dozen attempts, I've stopped trying to sync.  I'll probably have to return this system and get a replacement.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7