Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellites show wrong region

Orbi
Star

Orbi Satellites show wrong region

After upgrading the firmware to the latest, and a factory reset with the pin, the satellites still show region Europe.  This needs to get fixed.  There isnt even a way to remove a satellite. I have 2 satellites and they both sow Europe instead of USA.  Any suggestions? Please note, I've already reset to factory default and went thru the whole setup process already.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi Satellites show wrong region

I just factory reset mine and it now says North America.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 17

All Replies
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

My two satellites also show Europe as the region.  The router shows North America, and I may have changed that myself in the Adavanced Settings.

Message 2 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you still have the orbi box if so check the bottom and should be a sticker and if its labeled RBK50-100NAS that would be the US version if not that may be why its showing as Europe.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 17
Orbi
Star

The box says North America. I've called into tech support, they said they would email me back eventually. But now I'm noticing another problem with the satellites. I can no longer access them, the credentials keep failing. Anyone else not able to get into the satellites now?

Message 4 of 17
Orbi
Star

Ok it looks like after factory resetting the satellites they lose the passwords, and are left with the original default passwords, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to change the password for the satellites.  I will try changing the router password and see if they propagate to the sats.

Message 5 of 17
netwrker
Tutor

I see the same issue with my satellite. The box says rbk50-100nas, so it should be a north american version. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.00.22 AM.png

Message 6 of 17
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

My box barcode sticker is RBK53-100NAS

Message 7 of 17
Orbi
Star

After you do a factory reset on just the satellites, use the pin, some times the factory reset doesnt work. You'll know when it works because it won't accept your password when you try to log into the satellite.  At that point, you change your password in the main router and it will update the satellites, go back in and it have should have updated to the North America, that is assuming you updated to firmware V1.4.0.18.

Message 8 of 17
cfos232
Aspirant

I am having the same issue -- the region is wrong. 

I purchased a 2-piece Orbi kit, and an additional Satellite today at Frys (ie, here in the USA.)

The router and the sat bundled with it show "America" as the region, BUT the stand-alone sat shows "Europe".  This was after updating to the latest firmware (1.4.18)

ugh....

Message 9 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello cfos232

This only happened after updating to .18? We do have a new firmware 1.4.0.34 you may want to try and update to that FW and see if it reverts back.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 17
cfos232
Aspirant

Not sure -- but I think so.  I'll apply the new firmware and give it a shot.

Even though the region code is wrong, it is making no functional difference.  With 2 satellites, the system has been incredible, able to throw a strong 5Ghz signal everywhere in the house across 3 levels.   Very impressed with the performance so far!

Message 11 of 17
netwrker
Tutor

Did you factory reset the satellite after putting on the .18? That's what cleared it up for me. 

Message 12 of 17
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

Update to .34 didn't fix it, but factory reset did.  Thanks netwrker.

Message 13 of 17
apbrenner
Aspirant

I have the same issue.. I have to satellites and one of them was switched to Europe region with the last auto update of the firmware to 

• Hardware Version: RBS50
  • Firmware Version: V1.4.0.34

I confirmed it's a US model and that my router is set to US.  It's only an issue with one of the two RBS units.  I have done a reset and manually reapplied the firmware but no change

Message 14 of 17
st_shaw
Master

My satellite also shows Europe.  As far as I know it always has.  I'm now on Firmware Version: V1.4.0.34.

Does it matter though?  The system seems to work OK.

Message 15 of 17
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

Doesn't seem to matter at all.  Factory reset of the satellites fixed mine tho.

Message 16 of 17
st_shaw
Master

I just factory reset mine and it now says North America.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7