Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Sattelite Firmware Not Updating

US285126
Tutor

Orbi Sattelite Firmware Not Updating

I'm trying to get my satellite ORBI firmware updated. The router (2.1.1.16) and satellite (2.0.0.74) are out of sync. I couldn't get the router to automatically update so I updated manually. Now when I try to update the satellite on the manual update page I'm prompted for a password. I've tried the router password but that's not working. I also downloaded the satellite firmware manually but can't determine how to install this. HELP!

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi Sattelite Firmware Not Updating

You can directly log into the satellite at the IP address listed in your router for the satellite, and do the satellite firmware update there, manually. There's a menu in the satellite web admin GUI that includes "Firmware Update".

One thing, though, you're supposed to update the satellite unit first, according to Netgear. So next time, be sure to do that first if you flash the units manually.

Message 2 of 3
OldManMac
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Sattelite Firmware Not Updating

Same. New iOS Orbi update came in today and Was able to easily update firmware on router but the exact same option was not available on satellite. There is no option to even check for firmware update on satellite.  Looks like a bug or accidental omission  by developers. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7