× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Slowing Download Speeds

Gonzales8
Follower

Orbi Slowing Download Speeds

I recently purchased the Orbi RBK50 and have been experiencing slow download speeds. I have looked at many different question regarding this issue, but I have different issues: when I perform a speed test it seems that the speeds are being slowed by the Orbi. I changed settings for the Orbi (disabling QoS, enabling/disabling WMM, rebooting, etc.) and will experience the speeds provided by my ISP (400 Mbps) for a small amount of time. The speed test will occasionally show the expected 350-400 Mbps download speeds, but will commonly display 20 Kbps-10 Mbps download speeds. My upload speeds are normal at 35-40 Mbps upload, but the download speeds are the only speeds affected. Speed tests are performed via Speedtest.net.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Re: Orbi Slowing Download Speeds

hi

when testing with speed test ensure the device is connected to the 5 gig transmission as connecting to the 2.4 gig transmission will slow things down 

you may also be to far away from the transmission and this will slow the signal down somewhat

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series