Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi VPN no network access

pjhacker
Aspirant

Orbi VPN no network access

Hi,

I have setup my Orbi DDNS using the Netgear built in DDNS. I enabled the VPN service. I installed and configured OpenVPN on my Windows 10 machine. I can connect to my network just fine with the OpenVPN client. I am NOT able to access any server/resource on my network. I had this working at one point and it stopped working. I was able to RDP to my servers and access my network. I am not sure why it stopped working, but I just cannot RDP to my servers anymore. Like I stated the connection is fine. It has a correct IP address assigned to the NETGEAR-VPN adapter and uses the right Gateway IP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OpenVPN. I have deleted the configuration and reconfigured OpenVPN. Everything appears to be fine, just no network access. Can anyone think of a reason why it may not be working anymore?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi VPN no network access

I had a similiar issue until I changed the "Clients will use this VPN connection to access" option. By default mine was on AUTO which worked for a few days then stopped. I changed it to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" and it started working again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I had a similiar issue until I changed the "Clients will use this VPN connection to access" option. By default mine was on AUTO which worked for a few days then stopped. I changed it to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" and it started working again.

Message 3 of 5
pjhacker
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. That fixed it immediately

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Be sure to mark it as solved.

Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5