Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice is synced, but will not register

JustinUSMC
Initiate

Orbi Voice is synced, but will not register

I have had a working Orbi router with two Orbi Voices to help extend my network for about a year. We had a power outage and now I can only get one Orbi Voice to connect. The other syncs with the router, but will not register. 

I can see it on the Orbi app, but it is purple when I look at the network map. The Orbi Voice has a solid blue ring when syncing. I believe this means there is a good connection, but why will it not register? I have an Orbi router too so not trying to connect in extender mode.

When I ask the voice if it is connected. It states that it is not registered. Is that different than an internet conenction? Tried to register it on online, on the Alexa app and through my router's IP address. Nothing is working. 

Please help! This has been two weeks of me failing! 

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Voice is synced, but will not register

@JustinUSMC wrote:

When I ask the voice if it is connected. It states that it is not registered. Is that different than an internet conenction? Tried to register it on online, on the Alexa app and through my router's IP address. Nothing is working. 

The blue ring light means "good connection".  The word "registered" must have some special meaning in terms of the "Voice" part.

There is  a community forum set up specifically for the voice product. If you post in that forum, there is a better chance that someone will recognize the problem and offer a solution:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@JustinUSMC wrote:

The blue ring light means "good connection".  The word "registered" must have some special meaning in terms of the "Voice" part.

There is  a community forum set up specifically for the voice product. If you post in that forum, there is a better chance that someone will recognize the problem and offer a solution:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice 

Message 2 of 3
JustinUSMC
Initiate

Thanks!! I had to reset the system and start from scratch. It finally worked
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements