Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Wired connection drops

Bib8050
Tutor

Orbi Wired connection drops

I have a C7000v2 connected to RBR50v2 with  1 satelite running wirelessly, I have two GS608 switches as well.  Everything on the wired network is Cat6 and my trunk lines are Cat7 from the modem to RBR and RBR to the switches.

I am having constant issues where the wired devices drop from the network, the orbi still sees them in the app but there is no wired internet connection.  The wireless will continue working as usual during this time so I have internet going from the C7000 to the RBR but no wired output from the RBR.

I have removed the GS608 switches and ran direct cat7 to my desktop and continue to have the problem

I have the C7000 setup in bridge mode and I have disabled the wifi on it and I have the RBR in APmode.

This problem is always corrected if the modem and rbk are powered off and then back on.

Please help or the orbi is going back into the box and being returned to the store.

The RBR is running Firmware v2.3.5.30

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router, GS608v2|Desktop Gigabit Switch, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

@Bib8050 wrote:

I have the C7000 setup in bridge mode and I have disabled the wifi on it and I have the RBR in APmode.

If you have the C7000 in bridge mode then you need to set the RBR to router mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@Bib8050 wrote:

If you have the C7000 in bridge mode then you need to set the RBR to router mode. 

Message 2 of 6
Bib8050
Tutor

I am resetting that now. I thought I read somewhere that it needed to be in AP mode. its been running off and on half working for two weeks in AP mode where it works fine and then drops... Just put it into router mode and will see what happens.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

AP mode if you leave the C modem in router mode. If the modem is in modem only mode, then the RBR needs to be in router mode. The network needs a DHCP server enabled either on the modem or on the RBR to work right. 

Message 4 of 6
Bib8050
Tutor

I have reset the RBR into router mode, not sure where I read it needed to be in AP mode.  super irritating, also realized the stock cable that came with the RBR was cat 5 so I swapped that as well.  everything appears to be working, I have been pulling my hair out for two weeks trying to figure out why wifi is working fine and wired is dropping, freezing etc constantly.  Thank you for the help!!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would bet the problem was misconfiguration and the cable. CAT6 is recommended. 

Please mark our thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7