Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and AT&T Uverse

icabodtodd
Aspirant

Orbi and AT&T Uverse

I currently have AT&T UVerse and a netgear extender that doesn't work that great (could be I don't have things configured correctly either). I am looking at the Orbi AC3000 with router and (2) plug in modules. Does anyone use Orbi with a UVerse system? Any issues? Any configuration issues to note that may be specific to using it with UVerse?

Message 1 of 4
waynealight
Apprentice

Re: Orbi and AT&T Uverse

i have uverse and a ac3000 rbk50 orbi kit.  Setup is straight forward.  I do not use my uverse router for anything other than being a modem.  turn on dmzplus for the orbi and that will assign a public ip to the orbi.  urverse doesnt support upnp so my security cameras will not work on it.  my orbi kit runs everything just fine.

Message 2 of 4
icabodtodd
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. I have been using a wall plug in extender but it just wasn't working quite right and I would constantly have to restart it to connect to get a connection and the signal strength was very inconsistent. I am hoping that going with a mesh network along with (2) satelite plug in modules it will be a much more stable and faster setup. I am suppose to have a 100 mb connection with AT&T but there are definitly times it doens't feel that way and I think it is my current setup. I haven't gotten into my modem/router yet, but I assume it is pretty straight forward to turn off the WIFI on the AT&T system? Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
waynealight
Apprentice

how big of house do you have because you may need only 1 satelite?  turning off the uverse wifi is pretty simple, setting the new orbi router to dmz+ on the uverse router takes a min to find and setup, but only because the menu is slightly hard to decifer.   After its setup just restart the orbi and it will aquirer the public wan address so you wont have any double nat problems.  the main orbi node covers my 2500 sq ft house, garage and yard better than my old asus rt68u before it died.  only reason i got the second node was for a couple reasons, 1 split the wireless device load on the router but also be able to have high bandwidth for transfering large files to my nas on a regular basis reguardless if im my office were i can plug into ethernet or sit on the couch and use wifi.   After dealing with the weeks of headaches with the linksys velop not working at all, finally switched to the orbi and couldnt be happer.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7