Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Adobe Walls

Mettaman
Aspirant

Orbi and Adobe Walls

Because my 2,000 sq. ft. home has thick walls, some adobe, will the RBK50 distribute the signal throughout the ranch style home? Thanks! 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi and Adobe Walls

I own a 3000 sq ft house with exterior walls made of concrete block and stucco. The interior walls are "standard" wood frame covered in drywall. I have an attached 4 car garage (about 1000 sq ft) also made from block and stucco framed out and covered in drywall. I have an Orbi Base (RBR50) and one satellite (RBS50). The base sits in my office in the far northeast corner of my single story house. The satellite is about 60 feet away with 3 interior walls between them. I get very good coverage throughout my house and garage. I also get decent WiFi signals within 50-60 feet outside the house. I live in a semi-rural area with my neaest neighbor over 100 yards away so I don'thave any competing signals disrupting my Orbi WiFi.

This coverage pattern did not happen immediately after I plugged in the Orbi! I had to adjust the location of the base and satellite several times to find a good compromise. Additionally, I did a "sweep" of signals outside my house to find a clear channel for both 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz bands. All these steps have given me a stable, strong signal as I mentioned above.

In your case, I'd start with an Orbi base and one satellite. Adjust the things I mentioned to get the best coverage and add a satellite if necessary later. As the car manufacturers say: "Your mileage may vary." Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7