× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi blocking software internet access

MarcusVR
Tutor

Orbi blocking software internet access

Hi guys!

I bought a software (Website X5 Pro) but I coudn't download it, since Orbi is blocking the server at https://static.incomedia.eu. I downloaded it using the 4G connection of my cell phone, installed the software but now it stucks at the splash screen, trying to update their libraries - from https://api.incomedia.eu. Orbi is blocking its internet access, and I did everything I could think, including unblocking the access to these sites in SECURITY > BLOCK SITES, and unblocking HTTPS services. I also disabled Armor. My computer is using a fixed IP with allowed access to visit blocked sites, and I disabled its firewall, but nothing worked. 

My sistem is a RBK53 with firmware version 2.5.1.8, used behind a bridged router. 

Any suggestions or tips are wellcome, thanks in advance!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi blocking software internet access

@MarcusVR wrote:

Orbi is blocking its internet access, and I did everything I could think, including unblocking the access to these sites in SECURITY > BLOCK SITES, and unblocking HTTPS services. I also disabled Armor. My computer is using a fixed IP with allowed access to visit blocked sites, and I disabled its firewall, but nothing worked. 

Orbi does not have a method of "unblocking" web site.  Anything that is not "blocked" is by definition open.  The same thing with services.

The computer's "fixed IP" is part of the Orbi LAN subnet, correct?  (Does "fixed" mean that a "static IP" is set on the computer, or that an IP has been assigned to the computer on the Obri LAN Setup page?)

Can you"ping" the URL?

How is the blocking manifested?  i.e. an error message on a web screen?

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi blocking software internet access

..."2.5.1.8, used behind a bridged router."

Ugh...Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation