Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi broadcast additional ssid calls netgear01

sangweb
Aspirant

Orbi broadcast additional ssid calls netgear01

So I have RBR40 & RBS20. There is an additional ssid calls Netgear01, is this the backhaul network between the router & the satellite? I've tried to connect to it but unable to do so using the password provided. TIA.

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@sangweb wrote:

So I have RBR40 & RBS20. There is an additional ssid calls Netgear01, is this the backhaul network between the router & the satellite? I've tried to connect to it but unable to do so using the password provided. TIA.

The 5G backhaul between satellite and router does not broadcast an SSID.

The SSID (that is not broadcast) can be found by opening this web page: http://orbilogin.net/hidden_info.htm

The credentials are the usual Orbi web credentials: "admin" and the password.

Message 2 of 6
sangweb
Aspirant

then why do I see this Netgear01 being broadcast as the strength is always the same as mine. Can't login the url you've provided but I can access the router on 192.168.1.1.

Message 3 of 6
sangweb
Aspirant

NVM, I logged in & don't see this SSID on the list. It's still a mystery where this ssid comes from.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn OFF The RBR and RBS? Does this one SSID still appear? 

Factory reset the RBS and RBR, press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Setup the RBR with out the RBS. Use a wired PC and web browser connected at 192.168.1.1 or orblogin.com and walk thru the setup wizard. Set a new SSID name, and PW. Something unique and different than Netgear01.  Does the Netgear01 appear afterwards? 

@sangweb wrote:

then why do I see this Netgear01 being broadcast as the strength is always the same as mine. Can't login the url you've provided but I can access the router on 192.168.1.1.

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@sangweb wrote:

http:///192.168.1.1/hidden_info.htm should bring up a login box asking for the same credentials as 192.168.1.1 ("admin" and the Orbi web interface password).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7