Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi certificate issues on WiFi only

jbrown316
Apprentice

Orbi certificate issues on WiFi only

Hi all, just this morning I am having trouble using WiFi on my RBR50.  Wired devices seem to be working ok.  When I navigate to a website (i.e. Google) over WiFI, I am getting certificate/privacy errors.  I have verified that this happens on multiple WiFi devices.  This is also happening with Outlook 365 programs, I get a popup about certificate/privacy errors.  I rebooted the router and it seemed to fix the issue for a short time (<30 min) but then it started happening again.  The first incident was around noon EST.  Any suggestions?  I am running v2.5.1.16

I am logging conversation this over wired connection so that seems to be working ok. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jbrown316
Apprentice

I may have figured this out after acquiring a few more gray hairs.  I went into the advanced settings, security, access control from the Orbi UI and disabled, then re-enabled my laptop access.  It seems that doing that may have freed up all of the devices that were getting blocked.

That is a super buggy and kludgy fix for a router this expensive.  Hopefully it will help someone else.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Justadude123
Aspirant

Looks like your not on the latest version. There aren't any release notes yet so maybe wait for that or try updating through orbi app. 

Message 2 of 6
jbrown316
Apprentice

What is the latest version?  I checked the firmware update through the Orbi UI and it says that no new firmware is available...

Message 3 of 6
jbrown316
Apprentice

I may have figured this out after acquiring a few more gray hairs.  I went into the advanced settings, security, access control from the Orbi UI and disabled, then re-enabled my laptop access.  It seems that doing that may have freed up all of the devices that were getting blocked.

That is a super buggy and kludgy fix for a router this expensive.  Hopefully it will help someone else.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know, 

Message 5 of 6
jasonreams
Tutor

Same issue and same resolution on 8/2/2022

Message 6 of 6