Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi compatibility

Edd2nd
Aspirant

Orbi compatibility

I have a d-link Taipan and the Netgear ex7000 extender but i would love to have a mesh system at home because of home security cameras as well as other devices the tri band seems good so i can have some coverage outside and in my shed as well but i am concerned about the compatibility of Orbi with the dlink Taipan.? Any tips and or advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi compatibility

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem you currently use?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

House size Find Your Orbi System:
https://www.netgear.com/orbi/default.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/orbi/wifi-systems.aspx

@Edd2nd wrote:

I have a d-link Taipan and the Netgear ex7000 extender but i would love to have a mesh system at home because of home security cameras as well as other devices the tri band seems good so i can have some coverage outside and in my shed as well but i am concerned about the compatibility of Orbi with the dlink Taipan.? Any tips and or advice would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 8
Edd2nd
Aspirant

The square foot of house is around 2160 and the modem is a D-link TAIPAN DSL4320L and the Orbi RBK50 was my first choice but wondered if it would be compatible with the  D-link TAIPAN DSL4320L. And the house is double brick as well.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You DSL modem has a router and wifi built in:

https://www.dlink.com.au/home-solutions/DSL-4320L-taipan-ac3200-ultra-wi-fi-modem-router

Try band as well. AC3200 while the Orbi is AC3000. 

You may want to just add an extender to the modems wifi for signal coverage. You might check into D-Link DAP series extenders.

In order for the Orbi to work well, you would need to either bridge this modem and disable ALL wifi on this modem then you could use the Orbi in router mode, or just disable the wifi on this modem and use the Orbi in AP mode. 

@Edd2nd wrote:

The square foot of house is around 2160 and the modem is a D-link TAIPAN DSL4320L and the Orbi RBK50 was my first choice but wondered if it would be compatible with the  D-link TAIPAN DSL4320L. And the house is double brick as well.

Message 4 of 8
Edd2nd
Aspirant

Thanks Furry i think i realise this is a netgear page but for now i think it would be better going with the COVR mesh instead as much as i do like the Netgear   even the ex7700 extender isnt cutting the mustard especially with security cameras too many different wifi channels or something pain in the preverbial 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Edd2nd
Aspirant

Thanks Furry i have taken your advice onboard and ordered the dap 1860 and give that a go as it does seem to be matched with me taipan. I was impressed with the 7700 ext untill the origin modem **bleep** the tin and we had a few power blacouts and it all went pear shaped from then. Thanks again for your help. Regards Edd

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements