Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi detects Synology NAS as Amazon Fire Stick ;)

Funtastico
Aspirant

Orbi detects Synology NAS as Amazon Fire Stick ;)

Dear all

The Orbi - be it via admin on my laptop or on my iOS devices - detects my Synology NAS as Amazon Fire Stick 🙂 it is hardwired to one of the Satellites.

Newest Firmware, rather new NAS (1018)

What can I do that the NAS is recognized correctly?

Thx for any input...

Message 1 of 4
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi detects Synology NAS as Amazon Fire Stick ;)

Please tell us the model of Orbi you have and the firmware version.  There are known device naming issues with firmware v2.5.0.x releases that is corrected with v2.5.1.8 on the RBR50 and RBS50.  If you have v2.5.0.x firmware, then you need to manually update the firmware to v2.5.1.8, which you can find on Netgears download page for your Orbi model.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
Funtastico
Aspirant

I have 2.5.0.38 which is according to the online server the newest one...

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Alas, this has been a disappointing few months for Netgear and Orbi users.  There have been so many complaints over the "2.5" firmware that Netgear appears to be "waiting for dust to settle" or even waiting until they come up with more fixes before pushing an announcement of new firmware.

The product support page has a link to 2.5.1.8: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download It has to be downloaded, "unzipped", and then manually loaded to the Orbi units.  After extracting (unzipping), go to the satellite web page and click on Firmware Update (the last menu item).  After the satellite(s), go to the router web page, Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update, and then select the "Manual Update" tab.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7