Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection

sleepr88
Apprentice

it's not a problem with ISP equipment (nothing has changed with it in the past year)... and updating the time zone didn't help either

Message 26 of 29
forest63
Aspirant

I have to agree.  My wife and I went out last night and when we got home, she had to manually prompt her Samsung Galaxy S7 edge to connect to the Orbi wi-fi.  It is obviously a firmware issue that has not been resolved as of yet.  I have wasted alot of time with this issue and now we have to always double check that the phones are connecting to the wi-fi.  Not good!!!  The problems seem to be compounding.  Our decison is becoming very obvious as we in all likely hood will be returning it and will get the Linksys Velop.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 27 of 29
sleepr88
Apprentice

Google Home App v1.26.30.8 on Android devices seems to be the cause

Message 28 of 29
AZCraig
Aspirant

Based on the comments about Android conflicts, I looked through my list of attached devices and found one Android that, interestingly, had the same IP address as two other devices.  I used the Orbi app to block the Android device (likely a Samsung TV that really doesn't need internet access except for firmware updates) and my Orbi lockup problem seems to be history.  It's been about a week with no problems.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7