Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping internet connection

Sean901
Tutor

Orbi dropping internet connection

Multiple times per day, across devices and across OSs (iOS, Android, and others). Connected to WiFi. Told “no internet connection available.” Bull**bleep**.

Happens on one device despite all other devices successfully using internet on same router (I.e. the internet is fine, the router has a bug).

Have power cycled the router. Have upgraded firmware to latest version. Have updated OS on all devices. Have power cycled those, too.

No change. Consistent problems and it’s only a few months old. The inconsistency of this Orbi functioning properly is unacceptable. It regularly enrages us given how much we paid. Anyone else facing this?

Please folks. Build and release a patch. Fix this. You must do better
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Orbi dropping internet connection

Sean901 - Please, please, please, return your Orbi system now if you still can. 

I've had the system for over a year and have experienced what you're going through the entire time. It won't be fixed. If you're interested, see my post about the issues.

It's the backhaul, in case you'd rather not read it. The key feature of the Orbi's simple fails to work properly, making it usesable. 

There is a group of people demanding a refund if you can't return it. I'd suggest joining that.

After going crazy for over a year, I broke down and purchased a different system. A Ubiquity Unifi system. I've had 0 problems since and I'm no longer donating my time to troubleshooting Netgear's sloppy work.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7