Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi firmware status

Orbi firmware status

I was having trouble with my Orbi dropping a wifi connection and then failing to sync with it's satellite when restarted.

I just had a firmware update download while checking on my Orbi via my iPhone app. That loaded and restarted the Orbi.

How do I check which firmware I have installed on my Orbi RBR50? And how do I check to see if the satellite is also up to date?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

You must use your personal username and password for your Orbi, the username is "admin" all lowercase however the password is what you setup when configuring your Orbi, it  has nothing to do with the NetGear community or website, the router page is hosted in your home inside the Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

You could check via its web interface by going to http://192.168.1.1/index.htm or what is the same http://www.orbilogin.com/index.htm then clicking on the Advanced Tab and look on that page under Router Information.

Message 2 of 6

Ely

Thanks. I also found to my chagrin that the Orbi iPhone app has that information under the device info tab. I now have V1.8.0.6jp.

But his same tab doesn't list any firmware for the satellite. When I tried to check the web interface you included, that required a log in, and my current product and community name and password were not accepted.

So does the satellite require a separate firmware update, or is that automatic when the host is updated?

Of course, I'd also like to know why the log into the web site wasn't successful.

Chuck

Message 3 of 6
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

You must use your personal username and password for your Orbi, the username is "admin" all lowercase however the password is what you setup when configuring your Orbi, it  has nothing to do with the NetGear community or website, the router page is hosted in your home inside the Orbi.

Message 4 of 6

Ely,

Thanks again. That opened a whole new level of detailed information and control of my base station and satellite. I hadn't accessed the admin settings as it hadn't been necessary at during the initial set up, and would have stumbled around quite a bit longer without your help.

Message 5 of 6
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

@ChuckinJapan     my pleasure, glad I could help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7