Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi firmware v2.1.1.16 incorrect report device attachment

OrbiMan
Luminary

Orbi firmware v2.1.1.16 incorrect report device attachment

I have updated 2.1.1.16. I noticed that the device attachment page seems to be ok initially but I noticed my device was likely to more stuck on 2.4 ghz so I turned on fast switching after that everything SEEMS to be connected to the the main Orbi. However I was still getting good signal so I use a wifi scanner app to verify by Mac address to see which Orbi I was really connected to it seems that I was connected to the nearest satellite.

U guys should try it out because so far it seems like cosmetic and incorrect reports but the devices are still connected to the nearest Orbi.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
allroadusa
Guide

Re: Orbi firmware v2.1.1.16 incorrect report device attachment

Same here. After a while, router UI reports allmost all devices connected to router but this is not actually the case : devices continue to be connected to the nearest satellite.

Furthermore, satellites display no connected device.

This lack of visibility is not a pleasant thing but actual system behavior is still normal.

Message 2 of 9

Exactly the same situation here. Also satellites are connected by ethernet and devices that are wireless connected to a satellite get reported to be connected by wire to router......

Everything works though....

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 9
jmschnur923
Luminary

5g to both sats. Daisy chained with good connection after resyncing..   no attached devices shown on sats. Incorrect reports on router for attached devices. 

I have 30 devices and all seem to work.

ap mode to a fios 1100 router.

Model: RBK52W| Orbi Router + 2 Wall-Plugs Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 9
RXIT
Guide

Mine has this same issue.

Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We are aware of these issues and are working on fixing the UI to display the correct info.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

I mentioned already in another thread but was really hoping that they would update the "Device Type" listing to label attached devices the choices available for selecting labels for device type is very limited and not updated for many Firmware versions.  Netgear Engineering if you are reading this and while fixing devices showing all connected to main please update device type listing/selectable option as well...example no option for Echo dot, Reciever, notebook, switch, modem, camera, Ring Doorbell, VoIP phone, AmazonFireTV etc...list very outdated!

Message 7 of 9

Indeed, visual aid when maintaining the list works really good, if the images are up to date!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 8 of 9
Cotedan
Apprentice

Same thing here. Everything works fine and stable. Using wired to satellite. All devices connected to satellite are showing as "wired" though and I can't determine what speed they're connected to (2.4 or 5). 

Also, Genie app sometimes shows all my 45 devices, but often, it will just show one (e.g. iPad) as if it was the only thing connected.  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7