Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi interfering with xbox controller and astro headphones

Isamura
Tutor

Orbi interfering with xbox controller and astro headphones

Ever since I got my Orbi, I've noticed that my xbox controller will lose connectivity to the xbox. It's strange, because the light on the controller remains on, and the system does not say that the controller has lost connectivity. But the controller is completely unresponsive, and I have to resync the controller and the base to restore the connection.

I've also noticed that my Astro A50 wireless headphones interefere with the connection between the router and satellite. I believe this is because the headphones use the same high band channels as the Orbi. Is there anything I can do to fix this? When I run a speedtest near the satellite and the A50 receiver is within 1-6 ft. the internet connection is about 1/5th what it normally should register as. Moving the router further away 7-9 ft. fixes the issue. However, I've got another pair near the Orbi base, and I noticed the headphones cut out ever so often. People on the Astro site have confirmed that the mesh wifi is responsible for this disruption and suggest changing the frequency on the router, however that is not possible....is it?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi interfering with xbox controller and astro headphones

You will want to change the channel in the wireless settings in the orbi.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
SeekToDestroy
Initiate

The backhaul channel is clobbering the headphones channel. Neither can be changed, which is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 4
Isamura
Tutor

Yes, I certainly do want to change the channels because my headphones hop between 149-165. I believe the ORBI uses some of these high channels to communicate with it's satellites. Is there a way to configure a certain band of channels for this backflow of data? I'm only able to change the wifi channels that devices connect on.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7