Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi mesh network firmware update May 22, 2017

Markkram
Guide

Orbi mesh network firmware update May 22, 2017

Received a firmware update notification on my phone. Network is acting up since the update, I've reset router and satellite but very unstable. Until update the wifi has been rock solid. No problems. Acting temperamental now, going in and out. Anyone else having issues or have suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
OrbiMan
Luminary

We all experiencing problems. Anyone know how to roll back?
Message 2 of 6
OrbiMan
Luminary

So far for me slower speed and not switching between satellites.
Message 3 of 6
Streak2
Master

You can download previous firmware versions from the Netgear download center.

Make sure to upload to the satellite first and then the router.

Look at connected devices to get the satellite's IP address and then enter that into your browser to bring up the web interface.

Message 4 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

Too many random issues introduced with this Firmware can Netgear recall it please and just release the next version when Beta is done testing.

Message 5 of 6
Markkram
Guide

Finally got someone in tech support that was aware of the problem. They are having issues with Apple products and are looking for a solution. The iPad will not connect on the third floor so imo the issue is with the rbk30 satellite. iPad works on first and second level, so it's connecting to the main router. No connection on third floor. Support told me I am unable to rollback firmware update and have to deal with no connectivity until they find a solution. Are there others out there having the same issue? If so please let me know. If/when tech support resolves this for me, I will advise.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7