Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi not showing connected devices, yet all devices working on app and 192.168.1.1, latest updat

ME12345
Aspirant

Orbi not showing connected devices, yet all devices working on app and 192.168.1.1, latest update

Our Orbi shows only 2 of the 6 devices in use connected and shows some "not all" of the connected devices under different WIFI addresses. This has persisted through innummerable software and firmware updates for the Orbi and devices and occurs on both the app and when logging on directly via hardwired computer. Have 2 iphones, 2 ipdads, 1 imac, 1PC desktop and 1 PC laptop. If i disconnect one of the 8 iphones shown choosing random iphones, it disconnects my phone, yet the actual wifi address isnt shown at all in any of the device profiles! HELP! 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ME12345
Aspirant

Re: Orbi not showing connected devices, yet all devices working on app and 192.168.1.1, latest updat

Never mind...it seems to be an apple thing that's been going on forever, not just with IOS 14. I changed the wifi setting on the iphone so its not private on the wifi and lo and behold, the real MAC address showed up! Changed it back to private now we know what the issue is (did the same with all other devices just to be sure).  It's something for everyone with apple devices to be aware of!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ME12345
Aspirant

Never mind...it seems to be an apple thing that's been going on forever, not just with IOS 14. I changed the wifi setting on the iphone so its not private on the wifi and lo and behold, the real MAC address showed up! Changed it back to private now we know what the issue is (did the same with all other devices just to be sure).  It's something for everyone with apple devices to be aware of!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7