Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbr40. TV not staying connected

Akrajan
Follower

Orbi rbr40. TV not staying connected

I’ve had my RBR 40 for a couple years now and had it hooked up to my Samsung TV while having Xfinity as my Internet provider. I just switched to AT&T fiber and connected my Orbi to the AT&T modem. All of my devices work fine through my Orbi with the new AT&T fiber except for my Samsung television. My speed is fine throughout the house at 300 MBPS. However, my Samsung TV keeps dropping the connection or saying that the connection is weak.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi rbr40. TV not staying connected

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Any built in router and wifi here with the new ATT modem? 

If the system was working before you changed ISPs, then would be something possibly with the new ISP modem and its configuration. 

Make sure the TVs FW is up to date. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi rbr40. TV not staying connected

@Akrajan wrote:
However, my Samsung TV keeps dropping the connection or saying that the connection is weak.

Which Orbi unit does the Orbi Attached Devices web page (or the Orbi 'app') say the Samsung TV is connected to?

This might be a good time to reconfigure the Samsung WiFi parameters. (Enter the Orbi parameters again and have the Samsung connect again.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7