Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi rbr40 new printer can’t find the WiFi network

Atmtran
Aspirant

Orbi rbr40 new printer can’t find the WiFi network

I just brought a new Canon printer TS8370 and the printer can’t search my home WiFi network. Network around my place is able to find. Anyone has any ideas what is the possible issue? Thanks.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, different WiFi channels in different countries is one of those things I never think about.  The printer is probably programmed to look for channels 1-11 and you live in a location that allows 12 & 13.  With the Orbi set to "Auto", it could very well see that 12 or 13 has less radio interference and pick one of them.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Wow, are you ever screwed!  I just spend 20 minutes trying to make sense of the Canon TS8370 User Manual.  I have never seen so much confusing claptrap. http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300036856/01/TS8300ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf 

My "guess", and this in ONLY a guess, is that Canon expects the user to configure the printer by

• Connecting to the printer's own web page (see page 62) which appears to be BJNPSETUP with a smartphone, or
  • Installing their IJ Network Device Utility program which somehow searches for the printer.

What I had expected to see was directions to open the touch screen on the printer, tap on some sort of "Setup" icon, and follow the directions.

I sure hope that Canon has some form of user support.

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Get into a USB to LAN print server device that you can connect the usb printer to. 

@Atmtran wrote:
I just brought a new Canon printer TS8370 and the printer can’t search my home WiFi network. Network around my place is able to find. Anyone has any ideas what is the possible issue? Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
Jetdrive
Luminary

Rather that spending more money, I would contact Canon and see if they can help you getting your new printer connected. If they can't, I would suggest returning it and getting another printer that is easier to set up.

Message 4 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Having read the User Manual some more, I think the answer can be found on page 235:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300036856/01/TS8300ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf 

i.e. Go to WiFi setup, select the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) method (push button) and follow the directions on the tiny screen.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure the printers FW is updated as well. 

Message 6 of 9
Atmtran
Aspirant

Thanks guys. I have searched in the community and found ppl with similar problem and resolved by changing the setting of the 2.4GHz channel to ‘11’ rather than ‘auto’ in the Orbi admin pages ("Advanced, 'Setup', Wireless setup'). Then the printer found the WiFi network without a problem. Thanks everyone.
Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, different WiFi channels in different countries is one of those things I never think about.  The printer is probably programmed to look for channels 1-11 and you live in a location that allows 12 & 13.  With the Orbi set to "Auto", it could very well see that 12 or 13 has less radio interference and pick one of them.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you found the fix and it works. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Atmtran wrote:
Thanks guys. I have searched in the community and found ppl with similar problem and resolved by changing the setting of the 2.4GHz channel to ‘11’ rather than ‘auto’ in the Orbi admin pages ("Advanced, 'Setup', Wireless setup'). Then the printer found the WiFi network without a problem. Thanks everyone.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7