Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbs50 and connecting to router

Bigrich454
Aspirant

Orbi rbs50 and connecting to router

I have my ac300 system now (rbr50 router and rbs50 satellite) and it works great. The one satellite that came with the system I was able to pair right away. However, I bought another rbs50 satellite from online to be able to pair onto my system and it keeps telling me set up failed. I logged on through the ip address and set it up how I did my first satellite but nothing with the new one I purchased. Any ideas?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi rbs50 and connecting to router

Probbly due to the fact that the new satellite has older FW loaded. If you can access the new satellites web page with a wired PC, you can upgrade the satellite to a intermediate version of FW first, try v2.0.0.74, then load v210 lastly. This happens if the satllite has older FW and wasn't upgraded to same version. 

Message 2 of 4
Bigrich454
Aspirant

How do I hook the satellite up to the PC and get it to recognize it to be able to update the firmware? I have it plugged in via an ethernet cable directly to the PC
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you connect it to the back of the Orbi router and see if it gets an IP address from the Router? If so, you could proabably access it's web page using that IP address it got from the Orbi router then load the FW there. 

If this doesn't work, you can do this, downgrade the FW on the ORbi router to same version of FW thats on the satellite, Get them connected long enough to do the intermediate FW upgrade and last v210 upgrade, then re-upgrade the Orbi router lastly to v210. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7