Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi route/satelite and my wifi network

ejjma
Follower

Orbi route/satelite and my wifi network

I purchased the ORBI RBR50 and Voice, already set it up and it has been working until last week. All of a sudden, one of the devices lost internet connection. I tried to sync the router and voice/satellite, didn't work, I restarted my AT&T modem, sync the router and voice/satellite again. Finally, it worked again. But I would like to know how actually ORBI works with my wifi network. My modem is AT&T Uverse. So the modem has it's SSID. Now ORBI RBR50 also has it's own SSID which is named: ORBI71. I connected all of the mobile devices and laptops to ORBI71, some still connected to my AT&T SSID. Please advise if I need to disable all of the wifi connection on my AT&T modem, and then put my ORBI router in AP mode? If so, how to do that? Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi route/satelite and my wifi network

1.Were you able to get all the orbi devices re-paired together? 

2. Att devices are a pain to setup in passthrough mode, you can disable the wifi on the att device and put the orbi in access point mode. that'd prevent a double nat and keep the wifi networks from conflicting. Here's how to put orbi in AP mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7