Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi to Verizon 5G Gateway

Kim303
Aspirant

Orbi to Verizon 5G Gateway

I have an Oribi system with the RBR750 base.  It has been successfully connected to a terrestrial radio link ISP (DirectLink).  I'm trying to switch Verizon 5G.  I just got the Verizon Internet Gateway model: ARC-XCI55AX.  I'm configuring the Verizon gateway for "IP Passthrough" which also disables the WiFi section of the gateway.

Any tips on the required settings on the Orbi internet connect page in the Orbi admin function for successful connection to Verizon 5G home internet?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi to Verizon 5G Gateway

There really shouldn't be a whole lot. 

But if you have issues, you could try leaving the verizon in router mode (disable its wifi) and put the netgear in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 3
Kim303
Aspirant

Re: Orbi to Verizon 5G Gateway

I got it to work... it is pretty straight forward:

1. Put the Verizon 5G Gateway in "IP Passthrough".  Here are the instructions for the ARC-XC155AX:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-301824/#:~:text=IP%20passthrough%20allows%20you%20to,....

2. Followed the instructions on in the full Orbi user manual on page 22 for "Specify an Internet connection without a login" using all factory defaults on that page.

My prior carrier used a login, so changing that setting on the Orbi to "No" was key.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7