Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi wireless printer set up

Cantonr
Aspirant

Orbi wireless printer set up

Hi,

I have the Orbi RBR50 with 2 salalites. It is set up in router mode with a BT home hub. I am struggling to connect a Samsung wireless printer C430W. I cannot get the printer to show on the network. I have WPA2-PSK enabled. The printer is simply not found by my iPhone or a laptop. When I look at the Samsung mobile print app I see options to manually connect - RAW, IPP
Message 1 of 4
Cantonr
Aspirant

Re: Orbi wireless printer set up

Message cont.

SMB but these might as well be in Chinese for me. Could someone please explain in simple steps how to get this set up. I have tried using WPS on the printer and synch on Orbi but nothing happens.

Thanks
Chris
Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Cantonr wrote:
SMB but these might as well be in Chinese for me. Could someone please explain in simple steps how to get this set up. I have tried using WPS on the printer and synch on Orbi but nothing happens.

Here's a video that explains downloading the printer software to a PC and the temporarily connecting a USB cable between PC and printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZlS3stq2uE 

Orbi's WPS function has worked correctly for me in the past. It is what Samsung calls PBC mode (on the left of page 108

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1024026/Samsung-Xpress-C43-Series.html?page=108 

Message 3 of 4
pablore
Aspirant

After hours I finally got my wireless printer working with orbi so I thought I’d document the process here:

The printer is a dell 1160w and I set it up on a Mac.

I couldn’t for the life of me get the printer to pop up in the “devices” section.

What finally got it to work was the following:

1. Remove ALL security from my WiFi network.

2. Use WPS to connect the two.

3. Check ORBI webpage and ensure that printer shows up as a device.

4. Go directly to the IP address of printer noted in 3.

5. Logon directly to printer interface d - password was in the manual.

myloweslife

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7