Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with Century Link and Netgear Modem Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem DM200

jsmith1234768
Follower

Orbi with Century Link and Netgear Modem Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem DM200

I will be getting Century Link Service for Internet and have the Orbi Router. Will the Netgear Modem Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem DM200 work with the Orbi and Century Link Service? 

Does dish have DSL or Cable and which modem should I buy if I stay with Dish?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Hydro130
Luminary

Re: Orbi with Century Link and Netgear Modem Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem DM200

That DM200 modem should work fine with your new Century Link service (assuming it is DSL service) and your Orbi.

Once your CenturyLink Installation is done (including the modem setup), then just connect the Orbi's router unit to the new modem using an ethernet cable, and follow the instructions for setting up the Orbi.

As far as I know, Dish is satellite-based internet, so it is neither cable nor DSL - I am not familiar with what modems are compatible with that type of service.  If that's the service you have now and you decide to keep it, there shouldn't be a need to get a new modem - you should be able to contnue using what you have now.

Message 2 of 3
netwrks
Master

Re: Orbi with Century Link and Netgear Modem Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem DM200

@Hydro130 wrote:

That DM200 modem should work fine with your new Century Link service (assuming it is DSL service) and your Orbi.

Once your CenturyLink Installation is done (including the modem setup), then just connect the Orbi's router unit to the new modem using an ethernet cable, and follow the instructions for setting up the Orbi.

As far as I know, Dish is satellite-based internet, so it is neither cable nor DSL - I am not familiar with what modems are compatible with that type of service.  If that's the service you have now and you decide to keep it, there shouldn't be a need to get a new modem - you should be able to contnue using what you have now.

Before you buy any modem, make sure the modem you want to buy, is supported by your ISP. If you do not know, contact your ISP..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7