Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with Disney Circle only works for wireless connections...?

SilverWinterSky
Aspirant

Orbi with Disney Circle only works for wireless connections...?

A question regarding Disney Circle and Orbi if I may.

I have set up and activated the Circle application in conjunction with my Orbi network. My Orbi hub is connected by ethernet cable to an unmanaged Netgear (JGS series) switch.

I can see (under "manage devices") all of my devices - both those connected by wifi and those connected by ethernet cable to the switch.

The Circle controls are working for the devices connected wirelessly eg the kids ipads, but they are not working for devices connected to the switch through my ethernet cabling. I can "see" the ethernet connected Mac Mini on which I am typing this, and I can assign it to a Circle profile but filter settings are not working. For example I block access to Youtube for my profile, the block is effective on my ipad which is connected wirelessly but not on the Mac Mini which is connected by ethernet.

What have I misunderstood? Could someone point me in the right direction please..?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi with Disney Circle only works for wireless connections...?

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi with Disney Circle only works for wireless connections...?

Hello @SilverWinterSky

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried connecting one of your wireless devices with the ethernet cable that is connected to your switch? If you're able to do this, please provide an update with the outcome. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7