Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi with Metronet 1gig fiber

otabrab
Aspirant

Orbi with Metronet 1gig fiber

Hi,

I've recently switched from cable internet 400mb to metronet fiber 1gig internet. With the cable i was getting consistent speeds above 380mb throughout my house and over 400mb 20 feet from main router. Now that i have switched to the 1gb fiber im barely getting 150mb 20 feet from router. It shows the router getting over 900mb of speed but its not coming out. I have one RBR50 orbi router and one RBS50 satelite. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

tell us about your modem...before and after  metronet fiber 

Message 2 of 6
otabrab
Aspirant

The original modem just says Spectrum on it and PC20 along with serial numbers etc. The Metronet modem is much smaller and looks like it says Nokia and in another spot says Intertek. Don't rerally see any other badging at all except for a Metronet label.

Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

Did you ask your new (?) ISP how the Orbi should be configured?

Message 4 of 6

I assume that you fibre use an "ONT" rather than a modem to get you the Internet. So just a box with an Ethernet socket.

I'm not familiar with genuine fibre Internet, I should be so lucky. But past experience suggests that any change of the Internet service requites a reset of the local network equipment. This wipes out any settings inherited from the previous Internet service.

So have you reset the RBR50 and set it up again from scratch?

Message 5 of 6
otabrab
Aspirant

The tech said i would probably have to ask Orbi as the use Eero pro 6 for their routers

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7