Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with Sky Q

Aronius
Tutor

Orbi with Sky Q

Hi,

My ISP is Virgin media, 350 package. I have one tri-band orbi router and one orbi satellite.

For a while I had problems with the Sky Q mesh interferring with the Orbi 5GHz,

This was finally solved after drilling holes into the wall... my main Sky Q 2TB box is etherneted to the Orbi sateliite. A sky q mini is etherneted to the Orbi router, and another mini is etherneted to a unmanaged switch, then to the router,

Everthing works, but not to a high standard. There is a lot of 'please wait' between menus which shouldn't really happen. However my main problem is both the main sky q box and both minis do not show all of the preview pictures for shows. This is very annoying! Please see the pictures via the link attached.

Info on the problem + ping test 

I have done a ping test and all devices communicate back excpect the Sky Q's. There is a screenshot of this on the google drive files (the first 3 ping tests are of the sky q's). 

I have done the usual turn everything off and on routine and set the DMZ as the Sky Q, did not make a difference.

I had a chat with the Sky community first and they reviewed the info and suggested some kind of setting need's changing on the Orbi... Sky community chat 

Anyone got any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7