Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with fios

lacarberry
Follower

Orbi with fios

I set up my system following the use with fios instructions. However, it will not let me update the firmware. It say to update the satellite first from computer wired to the orbi. This computer is hard wired to the fios router/modem and it says it is not connected to the orbi wifi. Will not let me go to orbi login.com. When I try from the laptop connected to wifi it keeps saying pending. Also, the instruction say to not update from a wifi computer. Is something not right?
Message 1 of 2

Re: Orbi with fios

@lacarberry wrote:
I set up my system following the use with fios instructions. However, it will not let me update the firmware. It say to update the satellite first from computer wired to the orbi. This computer is hard wired to the fios router/modem and it says it is not connected to the orbi wifi. Will not let me go to orbi login.com. When I try from the laptop connected to wifi it keeps saying pending. Also, the instruction say to not update from a wifi computer. Is something not right?

you need to connect to ether the orbi router ethernet port or the orbi routers wifi to set it up

i have no issues updating over wifi so thats not an issue

once you connect to the orbi router run the setup process and at the end it will check for firmware and you should update it then

just be aware if your not on v1.3 firmware i would suggest you skip the last step and instead do the firmware update manually as it can be a bit flakey auto updating from early versions of the firmware eg prior to v1.3

oh and if your goung to run the Fios modem in router mode and you cant ditch it or bridge the fios modem you might want to run the orbi router in AP mode to avoid dual Nat and ip conflict issues

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7